i’ve had a few friends have asked me for some book reccomendations recently, and it made me realise that i haven’t allowed myself the time (or space) to just sit down with a good book and read.
to be honest, the last cluster of books i read were all self-help style (and that was towards the end of last year! whooops!) I would definitely recommend them though!
- Essentialism by Greg Mckeown
- Everything that remains by The Minimalists
- French Children don’t throw food by Pamela Druckerman (loved this!)
- the life changing magic of tidying by Marie Kondo (starting to re-read this)
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Artists Way by Julia Cameron
- the crossroads of should and must by Elle Luna
a recent stop at the Book Grocer changed everything though, as they’re having a closing down sale (noooo!) so all of their books are now $6. i decided to stock up on whatever caught my eye so my new Winter reading list is as follows:
- Creativity, Inc. by Ed Catmull
- Thrive by Arianna Huffington
- Maggie Cassidy by Jack Kerouac
- Several short sentances about writing by Verlyn Klinkenborg
- Jack’s Book (because clearly I have a thing for Jack Kerouac…)
- How Proust can change your life by Alain De Botton
I’m still (slowly!) making my way through the Artists way, though it is more of a work-in-progress manual/guide more than anything, and i’ve been carrying Several short sentances about writing around with me, as it’s a really brilliant witty read.
Have you got any book suggestions? What’s been your favourite read of Winter/Summer so far?
let me know in the comments below.
Have a happy week friends